WRR Winter Handicap Race - 17th December 2017, 10am
The Winter Handicap race is an internal race for club members only of about 10K long.
Handicaps for all runners are determined on current form and the slowest starts the race first followed progressively by the quicker runners, the fastest has the biggest handicap and starts last, the idea is for everyone to finish at the same time - so anyone could win!. The first Man & First Women back will finish receive a Trophy
The race starts from Broomfields Leisure Centre on Sunday the 17th December. The first runners will be off at 10:00am. The course is illustrated below.
Afterwards at 12pm, we will meet for sandwiches (paid for by the club) at the Grappenhall Community Centre. The results will be announced and there will be a Secret Santa.
- Race starts outside Broomfields Leisure Center and leaves the site turning right onto Broomfields Rd. At the end turn right onto Dingleway,
- At the end of Dingleway, turn left onto Bridge Lane, down the hill, left onto Lumb Brook Lane,
- Cross the road carefully, then turn right at the traffic lights into Stockton Lane,
- Continue until Grappenhall, turn right onto Church Lane, then right into Broad Lane. Up the hill and straight across the roundabout. Turn left towards Appleton Thorn,
- At the Thorn Inn turn right, run down Lumb Brook Road. Cross over with care. Prior to the roundabout, take a small track left that takes you across Witherwin Avenue. This gets you back on Lumb Brook Land,
- Go down the hill and cross the road with care prior to Bridge Lane,
- Retrace the route up Bridge Lane to Broomfield Leisure Centre.