The Fraser Wealth Management Warrington 10K 2018Mobile Site
If you want to run a 10K over a fast course in a friendly
and welcoming environment then the Fraser Wealth Management Warrington 10K is for you.
This event has been hosted by Warrington Road Runners for the last 35 years and it is the longest established 10k in Warrington.
The course is a very flat two laps based around pleasant parkland in Woolston, east Warrington. It has traditionally been a 'week evening' race and attracts runners of all abilities.
Video of the start of the Warrington 10K
- When is the race?
Thursday 21st June
- What is the Route?
The route is based in Woolston Park and the surrounding roads. Find further details by clicking here.
- How do I Enter?
Entry are via see entry page for more information.
- Am I In
- Where Can I Park?
There is off-road car parking at Green Lane school (WA1 4LS) on Holes Lane which is a five minute walk from the start. It will be open from 5.30pm on race day and we will be asking for a £1 donation per car which will be given to the school.
If you do not use Green Lane school then please be respectful of local residents and do not park blocking driveways or park on the course itself as this causes major safety problems for the race.
- Where Is The Race HQ?
The Race HQ is on the finish field, just a short walk from the rangers hut and will be open from 6:00pm.
Toilets are available at the rangers hut however there are no changing or storage facilities.
The presentation of the prizes of the runners will take place at the rangers hut after the race.
- When Do I Get My Number?
You should pickup your number (and race chip) from the race HQ on the evening of the race. Pickup is possible from 6pm.
- Is There Water During The Race?
There will be water station at approximately 5K and at the end of the race.
- Can I Transfer My Number?
- Will I be able to compete the course?
Only you can answer this! However the Warrington 10K is a great first 10K because:
- Its flat and we mean properly flat not like some so called 'flat' races with sneaky climbs in them.
- It is a two lap race so there will be plenty of support and encouragement for you as you go round.
- Historically runners are all abilities have taken park in this race, you will not be alone.
- Is there a photographer taking photos at this event?
We will have Mick Hall Photos photographing the race again this year. Photos will be available after the race via his website at www.mickhall-photos.com.
- Is the race chip timed?
This race will be chip timed using disposable chips so you do not need to give in your race numbers at the end.
- Is there a goody bag?
We have a goody bag and memento for finishers of the run.
- Where will the results be published?
The results will be on the results page and on
- What are the prizes?
Cash prizes will be given to the top three men, and top three women. Prizes will also be awarded to the first placed Vet 40 and Vet 50 runners for both genders.
The fastest runner not affiliated to a club will be offered a years free membership to Warrington Road Runners.
If the course record is broken, the race winner will receive a cash bonus in addition to their race winners prize.
And all participants gets a goody bag!
- What is the Course Record?
Mens: Daniel Cliffe (2014) Warrington 31:55 Ladies: Katie Brough (2014) Vale Royal AC 34:45
Note that a new course has been used since 2012.
An archive of previous results for the race can be found here. If a new course record is set, the winner will receive a cash bonus.
- Get in touch
Race Director: email@example.com
The race is fully UK Athletics licensed. We are awaiting issue of our permit. The course is certified as accurate by the UK Association of Course Measurers, course number 16/227.
- Terms & Conditions
I am a Participant and acknowledge that by participating in the Event, I agree to the terms below and the Conditions, which include details of my cancellation rights. I also understand that I am entering in to a contract with the Event organiser and not England Athletics Limited and/or UK Athletics Limited.
- Agree that any participation by me in the Event is solely and entirely at my own risk and (to the extent permitted by law) no person(s) or organisation(s) shall be liable for any accident, harm, injury, loss or damage to property, action, claim, cost or expense, however so caused, arising out of or in connection with or, suffered during or as a result of, my participation in the Event, provided always that nothing shall exclude liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the organiser or its employees;
- Consent to medical assistance and/or medical care being given to me in the case of illness, injury or an emergency situation, should this occur during the Event, such assistance to be given by the organiser, its employees, contractors or other trained personnel conducting the Event (which may include the use of anaesthetics);
I acknowledge and agree that:
- Running is an endurance sport;
- I should only undertake such an activity to a level which reflects my level of fitness;
- I am responsible for monitoring my own physical condition prior to and during participation in the Event; accept that I am participating at my own risk; and will not attend the event unless in good health on the day of the event.
- I understand the importance, for safety reasons, of obeying the rules, guidelines and instructions given by the Event Organisers officials, stewards, nominated representatives and other authorised personnel and hereby agree to abide by the same and to behave responsibly at all times during the Event and be mindful of the impact of my actions on others. Failure to do so may, at the discretion of the organiser, amount to misconduct and disqualification in accordance with UKA Rules 145 and 145 S1.
- My participation in the Event is for recreational and/or charity fundraising purposes only and I will not participate in the Event for any commercial or business purpose. The Event organiser will have no liability to the Participant for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or other loss of business opportunity.
- UKA Rule 240 S5: ‘The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic,’ will be applied. Runners not complying with this rule render themselves liable to disqualification.
In the unlikely event of abandonment or cancellation, all or part of my entry fee may be kept by the organiser to cover administration and/or sunk costs of the event. Refunds will not be provided to entrants (the online entry facility allows entrants to transfer their entry to another runner if desired).
The race will be run according to the UK Athletics Rules of Competition.
Many thanks to our sponsors below: