Tuesday Summer Run 5 - The Dingles
Base Version 6.4 miles
Base Version 6.4 miles
- Leave Broomfields by the footpath to the left of the all weather pitches; and continue to the end of Caversham Close which the footpath runs into.
- Cross over Broom Avenue and. (Option - Cut Off #1) follow Lyons Lane which immediately bends to the left and becomes a gentle incline. Follow Lyons Lane until the end and turn right onto Longwood Road.
- Continue along Longwood Road. Once you pass Sheperton Close on the right, pass one more house with mock Tudor panelling and take the footpath on the right.
- Continue along this path for approx. 300m and pass through the gap under the house. Cross Dudlow Green Road and carry on the obvious footpath directly ahead between the houses. At the T junction with a more substantial footpath (Old Pewterspere Lane), turn right.
- Continue along this footpath and take the first footpath on the left after approx 400m this leads to a wooden style on the edge of the trees. (Option Add-On Loop #1 Stay-on path see map)
- At the style take the obvious path directly ahead, (take care as this path can be uneven and wet under foot). Cross the small wooden bridge as you leave the trees and follow the footpath until it reaches Longwood Road at the two brick columns.
- Cross Longwood Road and pass between the two brick gateposts on the other side of the road, again following the obvious footpath, go through the wooden style and over the narrow road (Cann Lane) and continue to follow the well made footpath, passing some houses on your left and trees on your right.
- At the end of the footpath turn Right onto Green Lane, after 150m turn left onto Dodds Lane, then immediately left again into Lumb Brook Wood via the style.
- Follow the well made and obvious path with the ground falling away on the left hand side of the footpath.
- When the footpath reaches Dingle Lane turn left for 20m and turn right into The Dingle via a gate.
- Again follow the obvious path for approx. 1000mm passing under Witherwin Avenue and coming out at the houses on Dale Lane.
- Follow Dale lane for only 200m, then cross the wooden footbridge on the right, and follow the obvious footpath going directly up the hill.
- At the top of the hill cross the style and turn left onto Lumb Brook Road and continue for approximately 200m. (Option - Cut Off #2)
- As the road bends to the left, take the obvious footpath to the right through the trees, this bends right then left (Option Add-On Loop #2 Turn Right see map) and at the end of the trees bends left again, eventually bringing you to Broad Lane with the Cricket Club on your left.
- At Broad Lane turn Left and follow it to the right through the houses. At the junction take the sharp left onto Church Lane and after approx. 150m take the left turn into Stockton Lane.
- Follow Stockton Lane as it gently drops away from you, pass Grappenhall Sports Club on your right, and continue on until as the road drops more steeply you come to the junction.
- Turn left into Lumb Brook Road, then right into Bridge Lane, running uphill past the houses and shops.
- Turn right on to Dingleway, then left at the Church onto Broomfields Road, continue straight on into Broomfields via the main gate.
CUT OFF #1 - A Short cut saving 0.2 miles
- Continue straight on into Chalfont Close
CUT OFF #2 - A Short cut saving 1.9 miles
- Remain on Lumb Brook Road at the bottom of the decent turn left onto Bridge Lane, running uphill past the houses and shops.
- Turn right on to Dingleway, then left at the Church onto Broomfields Road, continue straight on into Broomfield's via the main gate.
ADD-ON LOOP #1 Adding 2.1 miles
- Stretton Loop - See map
ADD-ON LOOP #2 Adding 1.9 miles
- Grappenhall Hayes Loop - See map