Why should join Warrington Road Runners?
Would you prefer to run with other people instead of on your own? The benefits of joining a running club are many and include:
- Enjoy the company from other like minded runners,
- Inspiration and motivation,
- Safety from knowing that there are people about,
- Experience different types of running such as fell running, cross country, track, trail running,
- Benefit from coaching,
- Addend running events with other club runners,
- Join in the club competitions,
- Advice from experience runners,
And of course it is one of the most healthy activities you will undertake.
Will I be able to keep up?
Our regular runners can usually run about 4 miles non-stop (however fast or slow). This is the smallest distance on the Tuesday nights runs.
If you are really sure that this is beyond you then we do regularly run beginners groups, please see our Begin Running beginners page.
If you want any more information then please e-mail Ian Edge by clicking here he will be glad to help.
We would love to see you and we welcome any new runners. All new runners are invited to come along to one of our training sessions at the Broomfield Leisure Centre or Victoria Park running track to see what the club is like (see training pagefor more details).
If you want to join/rejoin then you can either:
- Fill in a membership form (comming soon) and bring it along to a training session or post it to the address on the form.
- Or fill in a form online (need a e-mail client).
If you fill the form in online then payment has to be made separately.
Membership Categories and Cost
|Standard WRR Membership||£13 per year|
|Unwaged WRR Membership||£7 per year|
|UK Athletics Affiliation||£14 per year|
Payment can be made by one of the following methods:
- Cheque (made payable to Warrington Road Runners),
- Bank Transfer, please email email@example.com and he will send you the bank details.
Do I need to affiliate to UK Athletics?
Our club is affiliated with UK Athletics and we offer the opportunity for you to affiliated with UKA when joining the club. The benefits of affiliating with UKA are:
- It provides race day insurance,
- You get a discount on all races run under a UKA licence,
- You can claim £15 off one pair of running shoes every year and 10% off footwear and apparel throughout the year at Sweatshop,
- You races results are automatically recorded by the "Power of 10"service,
- You have discounted access to UKA training courses,
- You can enter UKA events likes the county cross country championships,
And finally the club gets awarded a number of places in the London Marathon every year. The number awarded depends on the number of UKA affiliated members in the club and are allocated to affiliated members via a ballot.
Affiliation is optional, the cost for affiliation in 2017-2018 is £14.